"Forging strong and effective partnerships with our communities"
The Municipal Policing Bureau serves as a centre of excellence regarding contract and non-contract Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) municipal policing services. We work closely with OPP regions and detachments, municipal partners and provincial ministries to support the delivery of cost-efficient, accountable and effective policing services to hundreds of municipalities, throughout the province.
Contact (705) 329-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New OPP Billing ModelThe Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is focused on public safety. We deliver proactive and innovative policing in partnership with our communities, providing municipal policing services to 324 municipalities throughout Ontario. The OPP is obligated to recover the cost of providing those services.
After two years of consultation, municipal engagement and extensive review, the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (Ministry) has announced that a new OPP billing model has been approved for use and will be phased in, commencing January 1, 2015. The OPP is committed to working closely with the Ministry and our municipal partners to ensure that cost-recovery methods are clear and transparent. Regardless of changes to the billing process, the OPP will remain one of the most cost-effective options for many municipalities in Ontario.
What's New ?
- Billing Model News Release
- Billing Model Backgrounder
- OPP Billing Model - AMO Handout
- Invite to Regional Sessions on Billing Model
- Supt. Rick Philbin’s presentation at Association of Municipalities of Ontario, August 2014
(Note: Please view the presentation as a slide show, as it includes animations)
- Municipal Consultations: Spring & Summer 2013 Focus Groups and Online Survey
- Municipal Engagement Sessions: Executive Summary and Questions & Responses
- Summary of Online Survey Responses: December 1 – 13, 2013
- OPP Municipal Policing Review Engagement Session Presentation, October/November 2013
Municipal Policing Costs
A detailed and comprehensive summary of the cost-recovery process for OPP municipal policing is available in the document, Understanding Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Municipal Policing Costs.
This resource is revised as Cost-Recovery Formula updates are made and
is provided for municipalities and stakeholders as part of the OPP's
commitment to open and transparent communications on policing costs. This document is currently being updated to reflect the new billing process and will be posted shortly.
- Understanding OPP Municipal Policing Costs 2013 Formula 15Nov13
- Understanding OPP Municipal Policing Costs 2012 Formula 05Oct12
- Understanding OPP Municipal Policing Costs 2010 Formula 07Aug12
If you require any of the above publications in an alternative format please email email@example.com.