The Ontario Provincial Police Youth Issues Unit is dedicated to providing specialized crime prevention policing services. The focus is specific to the needs of youth and members of our communities impacted by current and future trends of this targeted population. Through continual research and analysis the OPP Youth Issues Unit anticipates and responds to concerns within the Province of Ontario.
Priorities of the Youth Issues Unit include:
- Safe Schools
- Youth Violence & Victimization
- Services for Youth at Risk
- Internet Exploitation & Threats Prevention
- Gang Awareness & Prevention
- Youth Criminal Justice Act
- Graffiti Awareness, Eradication, and Prevention
The OPP Vision "Safe Communities.A Secure Ontario" is reflective in its investment in our Youth, the future of Ontario.
For more info contact the Crime Prevention Team or (705) 329-7680