Increase the font sizeDecrease the font sizeBookmark and SharePrint this page


Applicants who have not completed post secondary studies must obtain proof of high school diplomas, or a community college Academic and Career Entrance (A.C.E.) Certificate, or a General Education Diploma (G.E.D.) prior to applying. If you do not have an Ontario Grade 12 diploma or equivalency you can contact your local Board of Education or Adult Learning Centre to be assessed as to the high school credits that are required to complete your Grade 12 diploma or how you may prepare to take the G.E.D. tests. You may be granted maturity credits for your life and work experience. Adult Learning Centre's throughout Ontario provide an informal, flexible, learner-centre environment, where mature students may complete their high school credits at their own pace.

If you were not successful in achieving a high school diploma or a G.E.D., but have fully completed a 2 or 3 year community college program or acquired a university degree you will be considered as having obtained equivalency. If you have received specialized training or taken other post-secondary courses, you will be required to provide proof of equivalency.

Those persons educated outside Canada must obtain an equivalency assessment, which will tell you what comparable level of education you currently possess based on Canadian standards. The following resources are recommended:

High School, College, University and Trade Schools

International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
35 Harvard Road
PO Box 21001
Guelph, ON N1G 4T3
Phone: 1-800-321-6021
Web: http://www.icascanada.ca/ 

Translation of Documents

To have your educational documents translated into English, you may wish to utilize one of the following agencies:

Costi-Wallace Emerson Centre
1260 Dufferin St.
Toronto, ON M6H 4C3
Phone: (416) 534-8437

Refugee Information Centre (Translation Unit)
597 Parliament St.
Toronto, ON M4X 1W3
Phone: (416) 961-7027
Fax: (416) 961-9732

NOTE: Community College Student Assessments are done to assess eligibility for admission to the college as a student. Only assessments completed by the above noted agencies are recognized as official statements for the OPP recruitment process.

More information on the basic prerequisites for applying can be found here.