Are you interested in being an OPPBound 2013 "recruit"? If you have ever considered policing as your career then
OPPBound 2013 is for you!
As our name implies, the OPP is responsible for providing policing services throughout Ontario. These services include municipal contract policing, rural policing, traffic enforcement and other specialties.
You must be willing to serve anywhere in the province of Ontario to be considered for a constable position within the OPP. A candidate's preferences are taken into consideration at the time an offer of employment is made. Both the needs of the organization and the needs of the candidate are considered when posting a recruit class.
Detachment locations vary from large urban centres to isolated settings. Some northern postings are identified as duration postings that require assigned members to complete a fixed period of service before being transferred to an area of their choice. Duration posts have special pay incentives as detailed on our benefits and pay page. This duration time frame commences on the officers' arrival at the detachment after the 18 week recruit training phase.
- It is recommended that you review all the information on our website in detail to gain insights into the OPP recruitment process.
- The information contained within the recruitment pages relate specifically to the OPP constable hiring process.
- The table at the bottom of this page will further guide you to the other hiring processes that may be contained on this website.
- If you are interested in an OPP uniform position, you may want to attend one of our recruiting outreach events as detailed on our Information Sessions section of the website. These sessions provide you with a valuable tool for researching your decision to join the OPP and to give you an opportunity to speak directly with one of our OPP Recruiters.
- Ensure that you meet the prerequisites for the position to which you are applying.
- Application forms and packages for uniform positions are provided within the Prerequisites and Application Process section of our website.
- If you have any questions please visit our FAQ section before seeking direct help as we may already have answered your question.
- If you still have any questions about the uniform recruitment process please feel free to contact one of our recruitment staff: