Ontario Provincial Police
Ontario Provincial Police
▲ Top

Report a crime

Our online Citizen Self Reporting tool allows you to report minor crimes such as theft, property damage and driving complaints.

Filing a police report online

This system allows you to submit a report from your computer or mobile device without going to an OPP detachment. All submissions will be sent directly to the OPP and reviewed by an officer. You may be contacted to provide more information. You must have a valid e-mail address in order to submit a report.

To file a report online, please follow the simple steps below:

STEP 1: Make sure your occurrence can be reported online

Use the information below to see if you can use this system. If your occurrence qualifies for online reporting, proceed to the next step. If your occurrence does not qualify for online reporting, call the OPP toll-free at 1-888-310-1122 or visit your local detachment to file a report.

Use this system to report:

  • Lost/missing property under $5,000
  • Stolen license plates or validation stickers
  • Theft from a vehicle under $5,000
  • Mischief/damage to a vehicle under $5,000
  • Mischief/damage to property (other than a vehicle) under $5,000
  • Theft under $5,000
  • Driving Complaints

DO NOT use this system:

  • If the occurrence is an emergency
  • If the occurrence happened outside of OPP jurisdiction
  • If there are any identifiable suspects
  • If the occurrence involves a motor vehicle collision
  • If the occurrence involves a break and enter
  • If anyone was injured
  • If the occurrence involves a weapon
  • If the total value of the property or damage exceeds $5,000
  • If the occurrence involves drugs or gambling
    (including lottery tickets)
  • If the occurrence involves a passport
  • If the occurrence involves a lost or missing licence plate, validation sticker or disabled parking permit.

STEP 2: Find the location on the map

Please click on the map where the occurrence took place. When you click on the map, instructions will appear to guide you and to determine if the OPP is the correct agency to receive your report. Depending on the location of the occurrence, you may be directed to file your report with a local police service in that area.

If you are having trouble, you can skip ahead to the next step.

Skip to next step »

Technical problems?

Need help?

Fill in the form below to send us feedback or to report technical issue with our Citizen Self Reporting system. Please note that emails are monitored during regular business hours only. This form is for comments only and is not to be used to send police report information. To file a police report, CLICK HERE instead.