Plan a visit to the OPP Museum!
Just minutes from downtown Orillia, The OPP Museum is located right inside Ontario Provincial Police General Headquarters (GHQ).
As this is a secure police facility, please bear in mind the following policies are in place:
- All visitors to OPP GHQ must check in with security personnel upon arrival. You may be required to present photo Identification. This includes bus tours or other large groups, so please ensure that you plan enough time to sign in upon arrival.
- Children aged 17 and under do not require identification but must be accompanied by an adult with appropriate identification.
- If photo identification is requested, acceptable identification includes one of the following:
- driver's licence,
- Ontario photo card (or other provincial issue equivalent), or
- passport (Canadian or international)
- Individuals who do not possess one of these "normally accepted" forms of identification may still be granted access under certain circumstances. Please check with the security officer on duty when you arrive.
- Please note that security reserves the right to refuse entry to OPP GHQ to any persons. If you would like further clarification on building access, please call OPP General Headquarters Security directly at 705 329-6111 during regular business hours.
When you arrive, you can pick up a guide to General Headquarters and a Museum Exhibit Guide, free of charge.
In addition to exploring the museum, visitors are welcome to stroll along "Public Street", the long corridor at the front of GHQ where you will find vintage vehicle displays, information exhibits on the OPP Auxiliary program, OPP Awards, and the OPP Veterans' Association. You are also welcome to visit The Off Duty ShOPP (705) 329-6280, where you will find a wide variety of OPP branded clothing and merchandise for sale. You may also wish to pause for refreshments at The Steak-Out Cafeteria (705) 329-6523. Major exhibits are featured in the museum's main gallery that include interactive games, and provides a learning experience for people of all ages. Community Services Officers, teachers and group leaders are encouraged to use the museum as a learning resource.
Visit www.oppmuseumfriends.ca to download a copy of our Educators' Resource Guide for more ideas on how you can make the most of your visit to The OPP Museum.
Hours & Admission
Admission to The OPP Museum is always free! The Museum is open year-round, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. but is closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Free visitor parking is located at the front of GHQ in the large circular drive, including accessible permit parking spaces near the entrance doors.
There is no bus parking available at GHQ, however, bus drivers can drop/off and pick-up visitors at the front doors to GHQ. An Orillia city bus stop is also located on Memorial Avenue in front of GHQ.
Location & Directions
777 Memorial Avenue
Orilllia, Ontario, Canada
View Larger Map